Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Oh Deer!




The past couple of weeks have been quite windy up here in our part of northern Colorado. Historically, January and February are not high precipitation months. Combine that fact with the Chinook winds we've been experiencing and we end up with relatively warm days (40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit; 4.5 to 10 degrees Celsius), bright sun shine, and no snow on the ground. Despite the comfortable temperatures, the high winds make it difficult to get anything done outside. I am able to get out and hike several times a week in spite of the winds. The picture above is one of the areas on and around our property that I routinely walk. I encountered quite a few deer during my walks this past week. Below are several pictures of them from a distance. See how many you can count in each picture and leave a note with the number in the comments. I apologize for the quality of some of these pictures. I leave my SLR at home and carry a small instant digital camera when I hike. I think I learned my lesson and will be carrying my SLR with me from now on. Enjoy the pictures.

No deer that I know of in this picture.  This is just a view looking up towards where the previous picture was taken.

This is deer picture #1:  There are several deer in this one.  Let me know how many you can see by leaving a note in the comment section. (hint: you can click on the picture to enlarge it)

This is picture #2:  This one made me laugh as I obviously caught their attention.

This is picture #3:  Deer are really good at camouflaging themselves in the brush.  Look carefully, they are spread from one side of this picture to the other.

This is picture #4:  These guys were bedded down just south of our house.  I took this from our deck  just as the sun was rising over the ridge.



I will let you know the number that I can see in each photo in a future post.


Have a great week and God bless.


Vince

1 comment:

  1. Too many for our poor fruit trees ��

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and suggestions here.